Rules to form plurals:
1) Add "s" to singular nouns as long as the "s" does not form another syllable.
2) Some singular nouns ending in "o" form their plurals by adding "es," and some can add either "s" or "es"
3) To form plurals of nouns ending with "y" with a consonant before the "y", change the "y" to "i" and add "es."
4) To form plurals of nouns ending with "y" with a vowel before the "y", add "s.
5) To form plurals of nouns ending in s, sh, ch, x, or z, add es.
6) For some nouns ending in f or fe, to form plurals change f to v and add es.
7) For many nouns in f, to form plurals just add s.
8) To form plurals of hyphenated nouns, add s to the first word.
9) To form plurals of some nouns, change man to men or woman to women.
10) Some nouns form plurals by a change in the form.
We will serve ____ and ____.
- potatos, carrots
- potatoes, carrots
- potato, carrot
I heard ___ from the wall of the _____.
- echo, cliff
- echos, cliffs
- echoes, cliffs
For dessert we had ___ and ___.
- strawberry, ice cream
- strawberries, ice creams
- strawberries, ice cream
Both ____ needed new diapers.
Click on a tag to see related content